CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

What’s in a name?

If you know me, you know that I LOVE Kevin Henkes books and love to do an author study! This year, I am going to spread out the books instead of do one large author study to help students keep them apart. They also fit with out curriculum much better this way.

To start the school year, I read Chrysanthemum by Kevin Henkes. If you have never read it, it is about a little “girl” mouse that loves her name until she gets to Kindergarten and the other students make fun of her for it. This is always a great way to help students understand that we are all different.

I did an all about me project last year which was great but since its a new year, I decided to  change it.

This project goes with the book. It has students make a web about themselves. I got the idea Babbling Abby and her web.

It’s on my TPT account for free :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

WELCOME!

Work Smarter, NOT harder!